SPIRIT QUEST TOURS’ “RED GODDESS RISING: THE DAWNING— EGYPT 2012” SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this online promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL RULES SET FORTH BELOW AND ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
ELIGIBILITY: Except where regulated or restricted by law, the “RED GODDESS RISING: THE DAWNING — EGYPT 2012 SWEEPSTAKES” (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, except residents of the states of New York, Florida, or Rhode Island. Employees, and their immediate families and household members of Spirit Quest Tours (“Sponsor”) or Spirit Quest World, LLC, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state, municipal, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest open to US citizens only.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, and its related affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, mis-routed, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 6 p.m. (all times Pacific Time) on February 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on April 30, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
4. ”Grand Prize.” One (1) winner will receive the following Grand Prize package (the “Trip”): Round-trip airfare from New York to Cairo, one double-occupancy land package for Spirit Quest Tours’ The Dawning – Egypt 2012 tour, December 9-22, 2012 (approximate retail value $4,995), including hotel accommodations in Egypt, domestic airfare, all in-country airport transfers, all in-country transportation, all tours on listed on the Spirit Quest Tours’ web site for “The Dawning – Egypt 2012” tour and all included meals as listed on that site. Total retail value of the Grand Prize is approximately $5,595.
Sponsor will choose, in its sole discretion, the airline, hotel, flight dates, flight times, departure city and airport and all other Trip logistics and details. Winner may choose to upgrade to single occupancy on the tour for a cost of $990; otherwise, they will be assigned a roommate for the trip based on Spirit Quest Tours’ roommate survey. Dates of travel are subject to availability. Except as expressly set forth in the description of the Trip above, the winner is responsible for air or ground transportation to and from the New York airport, some meals, tips, and all other expenses that the winner may incur in connection with the Trip.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. The Grand Prize will be awarded in full. The Grand Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the winner affidavit and release materials (see Sections 10 and 11 below) are not returned as required from winner or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful. The Grand Prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Grand Prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Grand Prize of equal or greater value. The Grand Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) Free Online Entry Method: To enter via the free online entry method, visithttp://halleeavelyn.com/sweepstakes or any other web page specifically identified by Sponsor and complete and submit the online entry form during the Promotion Period.
(b) Purchase Method: Purchase a copy of Red Goddess Rising through Spirit Quest World’s web site between February 1, 2012 and May 1, 2012, to be automatically entered to win. No purchase is necessary to enter. Entering via the purchase method will not increase your chances of winning the Grand Prize.
(c) Bonus Entry Method: Share the promotion with your friends on Twitter and Facebook to earn an extra entry. Limit one additional entry each for Twitter and Facebook sharing.
8. Promotion Rules. One (1) winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries on May 3, 2012. Winner will be notified by phone or e-mail by May 4, 2012. To claim the Grand Prize, each winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his/her notification and verification of eligibility. If winner does not respond within fourteen (14) days, or is not able to verify eligibility or provide a passport valid through May 21, 2013, Sponsor may in its sole discretion declare winner ineligible and choose another winner by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential guest in its sole discretion.
9. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any Grand Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Use of Winner Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, hometown, likeness and/or Grand Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded the Grand Prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or Grand Prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any Grand Prize, the winner will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. Winner’s Name; Rules Request. The name of the Grand Prize Winner will be posted on the Contest Website (http://www.halleeavelyn.com/sweepstakes) on or after May 15, 2012 For a copy of the winner’s name, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after May 30, 2012 and before January 31, 2013 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Red Goddess Rising Sweepstakes Winner Request. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visithttp://www.halleeavelyn.com/sweepstakes-rules or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: Red Goddess Rising Sweepstakes Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
13. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2012 by Spirit Quest Tours. All rights reserved.
14. Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Nevada, U.S.A. without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to SWEEPSTAKES@SPIRITQUESTTOURS.COM or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: Red Goddess Rising Sweepstakes Questions.
15. Sponsor: Spirit Quest Tours, 848 N Rainbow Blvd. #1011 Las Vegas, NV 89107.